Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Confession time - I'm not a huge fan of podcasts, and I've been skipping the ones posted in the Learning 2.0 blog. Unlike all the other stuff from this list that's turned me off, I don't really have a reason why podcasts bug me...normally this sort of thing would be right up my alley. Still, I'm too close to getting that MP3 player to give up now, so let's do this.
I found a few library-related podcasts to listen to by browsing around the directories. My top three are, in no particular order: Open Stacks, LibVibe, and Library Lady Audiobooks. (The last one is just a lady named Annie reading chapters of different books - sort of like an audiobook podcast...it's still kind of library-ish.) Confession #2 here - I didn't feel like downloading anything special to play these, nor did I feel like messing around with new codecs for my MP Classic to get it to play them, so I just added them all to my bloglines account and listened to snippets of them from there. But hey! That takes care of the adding an RSS feed to my bloglines account bit, so ta-da! (Will I ever listen to them again? Maybe if I'm really bored...actually, no, probably not.) As for finding anything useful...well...that's a tough one for me. (Have I mentioned I don't like podcasts? Makes it tough to come up with good ideas on how to use them...) I guess they can be used for those who learn beter if they can listen to instructions rather than read them...people seem to like them on the Learning 2.0 blog...meh, they're neat if you like them, they're annoying if you don't, and I don't. On to the next exercise.

No comments: