Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Last post for Learning 2.0! Whoo-hoo!
After all this time, I have to say I'm still bitter about this program being made mandatory, although I've since discovered that this edict was just for Freedom Regional, not all of PLCMC. (Although I think a lot of other branch managers made the same call.) Grumblings about mandatory-ness aside though, I have to say I have enjoyed myself. A lot of the things on the list were things I'd already messed around with on my own, which made me feel very tech-savvy. (The things I hadn't played around with already were generally things I wasn't terribly interested in...but considering how much I play around on-line, that's not all that surprising.) I suppose my main gripe is that, with the pressure on to finish the list, I didn't feel like I got to play as much as I wanted to - with a few of my entries, I just sort of copped out and knocked out a post based on what I'd managed to discover in 15 minutes or less. In some cases, like with Netlibrary, Librarything and Bloglines, I just went with what I already knew from past experience and didn't bother to try to dig deeper to discover anything new. Ah, the mandatory rule is still my main complaint, I guess. If another program like this were to come along, though, I'd do it, mandatory or no.

So, that's that for Learning 2.0 - wonder what the MP3 player will look like? (Here's hoping PLCMC spends more than $10 apeice on them...I already have a crappy MP3 player that doesn't even hold a full CD's worth of music, thanks!)

1 comment:

HeleneB said...

Congrats Jessica on completing the program. Your MP3 player is one it's way and I think you'll be pleased. It holds a lot more than 1 CDs worth :)