Thursday, August 24, 2006

Busy day, busy day.
I've spent a large part of the day helping my coworkers get up and running with their own blogs, as well as adding my own comment over on Freedom Regional's blog. I'm still bummed that this is all mandatory now, but at least I'm getting in a lot of practive with Habit number 7 of the "Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners." (I still feel like number 7 1/2 has been tossed out on the curb for this program, though.) I'm learning a bit more by helping other people too - I just figured out today how to change/modify my blog templates. I'm not sure I'm up for coding a personal customization just yet...I may have to browse around and see if there are any other sites for Blogger templates, though! (If I find any nifty ones I'll post links to them - and if anyone here knows of anything like this, leave a comment and let me know!)
I'm going to try and get started on my Flickr checklist tonight too. I already have a paid Flickr account - I just need to start using it and upload more pictures to it. (You know you mess around on the internet too much when you get excited about a site, pay to be a pro user, then immediately forget about it in favor of the next new shiny distraction!) I got some fun shots of our branch today, so hopefully I'll toss some of those up here either today or tomorrow.
Ooh, and students come back tomorrow - and I won't be here! Part of me is a tiny bit sad to miss out on the initial excitement...and a slightly larger part of me is very, very grateful that I'll be missing out on the initial craziness!

No comments: