Friday, August 11, 2006

Whew, there's not much August 11th left - I'll have to type fast if I'm going to get in today's post!
Work was a little stressful today - the internet was down until around 4, although Firefox started working again around 2. (Proving yet again that Firefox is superior to IE) Most of our borrowers left as soon as they heard that we didn't have internet access, so things were pretty slow at the circulation desk. It picked up a little for me in the last hour though - I ended up calling out for a lot of requests for quick pick-ups and the like. Things got a little heated at one point over a request for a browsing paperback, but we managed to get our borrower what she wanted, and she left in a pretty good mood. (Sorry I ended up causing a bit of trouble for you all over at Morrison! No hard feelings - everyone was just doing their job the way they'd been told to, right?)
I've been poking around the Learning 2.0 checklist a bit - some of these things I've already done. My librarything page is already linked in my profile - maybe for my Learning 2.0 session I'll upgrade it to a paid account and try to catalogue all of my books...that'll be a job and a half! I have an account at bloglines already too - I mostly just use it to keep up with news from Slashdot and Fark, though. (I use it to read cartoons too and check the weather too!)
And that's all for tonight. It's a lovely Friday night, after all - can't spend it all sitting in front of a computer!

No comments: